Kaapse Liqueurs shall take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. For the purposes of this policy “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000.
Kaapse Liqueurs may electronically collect, store and use personal information with your consent (if you don’t consent to this, please do not access or register on the website). This personal information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- name and surname;
- age and/ or birthday;
- verification that you are of legal age;
- address and contact details including your
- email address;
- phone number/s;
- country of residence;
- area or postal code;
- personal preferences if provided;
- browsing history;
- purchase history;
- non-personal browsing habits and click patterns;
- IP address.
Kaapse Liqueurs collects, stores and uses the personal information described in order to (butÂ not limited to the following):
- enable you to create a personal profile on this website;
- enable you to make use of this website in the manner described on this website, from time to time;
- enable us to make relevant recommendations on a personalised basis;
- communicate information to you regularly, for example through newsletters;
- compile and maintain the website and client database;
- register and/or authenticate users of and/or visitors to the website;
- identify and take reasonable measures to prevent fraudulent uses of or access to theÂ website;
- compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click patterns andÂ access to the website;
- attract suppliers by showing information about the database, for exampleÂ demographics;
- track client database size and growth;
Changing updating or removing your personal information
In addition, many of the services available on Kaapse Liqueurs site provide you with theÂ opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners. These will haveÂ instructions on how to unsubscribe.
Who can collect your personal information?
What about privacy policies for sites linked to Kaapse Liqueurs?
Kaapse Liqueurs contains many links to Web sites not affiliated with us. These sites haveÂ their own policies and practices with respect to online privacy, and Kaapse Liqueurs cannotÂ be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these unaffiliated Web sites. InÂ addition, in certain instances advertisers may ask you for personal information. KaapseÂ Liqueurs cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of its advertisers.
Credit Card Acquiring and Security
Credit card transactions will be acquired for Kaapse Liqueurs by Payfast who are anÂ approved payment gateway in South Africa. Payfast use SSL3 and no credit card details areÂ stored on Kaapse Liqueurs website. Users may go to www.payfast.com to view their securityÂ certificate and security policy. All encryption complies with international standards.
Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completingÂ online transactions. Payfast Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detectionÂ systems.
Notification of Changes
This policy may be revised over time as new features are added to the Web site. We will postÂ our new Privacy Statement, along with the date of its last revision, prominently. Please checkÂ this Web page for information about revisions to our Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 27th February 2017.